COVID-19 Assembly Guidelines
Goal – It is our desire to provide the safest environment for any person that desires to worship with PVBC inside our church building. This has been our goal and obligation since the beginning no matter the age or pandemic situation in the community and nation. The following proposed guidelines follow that desire for the sanitation and protection of all who will enter the church to worship. We believe that Church is Essential and will always take the necessary precautions to ensure that every person is safe at any time on our church property.
1. Restricted persons
- We respectfully ask any person with a compromised immune system, runny nose, headaches, body aches, low-grade/high fever, elderly who are sick/high risk, lung disease, heart disease, or chills to join with us via the online services on Facebook or YouTube.
2. Social Distancing Practice
- We will begin by limiting our capacity to 40% to ensure proper physical distancing.
- Families will be asked to stay together and not have children running around the facilities.
- To accommodate more that desire to worship at PVBC, we have a couple options.
- We will conduct two Sunday morning services to accommodate the crowd safely—one at 9:30 and one at 10:30.
- We will transmit the services to the parking lot using radio.
- There will be 6’ of space in-between rows and also proper spacing observed between families who sit on the same row.
3. Sanitation of Facilities
- Before the start of any service the entire facility will be cleaned and sanitized.
- We will not use hymn books but will have the words of the songs on the screen to eliminate the passing of the virus from one person to the next on the hymn book.
- All surfaces (door handles, stair handrail, etc…) will be wiped with Clorox wipes in between services.
- Bathrooms will be closed except for the case of emergencies and will be sanitized before each service. This sanitizing will be documented should anyone desire to view it.
- Our family room will be available for the care of small children.
- One person will be stationed at each door to open/close to limit the number of people touching door handles.
4. Virus–specific Considerations
- Infrared thermometers will be used at every entrance to check people’s temperatures upon entering the facility. Any person with symptoms or a high temperature will respectfully be asked to not enter the facility for service but enjoy the online service.
- Masks will be made available upon entering the church, if needed. Masks will be mandatory unless there is a medical reason for not wearing one.
- We ask that all physical contact be suspended including hugging and shaking hands.
- Children’s ministries (including the bus route to bring in young people) will not take place at this time.
- All helpers at doors, bathrooms, or seating will be wearing masks for protection.
- There will be one entrance and one exit. Please follow the traffic directions laid out by the arrows.
- All services (except Sunday morning) will be held at the regular times.
- Sunday morning – 9:30am, 10:30am
- Sunday evening – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday evening – 7:00 pm
- Friday night RU – 7:00 pm
How to Sign Up to Attend
Due to the decreased seating capacity, we ask that all attenders wishing to be seated inside either call or sign up online for each service they will be attending in person.
- Call the church office at (413) 562-3376
- Or you can sign up online by following the link below.
Sign Up Online
If you have any questions please contact us.